After shopping around for a new rewards card I settled on the Discover More card. This card has some great perks - such as 5% back in a different category each quarter (look for my upcoming review!). Now, the real perks kick in when you use the card through ShopDiscover. Let me explain how you would make use of this - the first step is to sign up for a discover card. You must register the card online and log in to the site. Once you are logged in you can visit the ShopDiscover page to search for retailers offering cash back. If you think this is nothing you could use, I'm going to take a wild guess that you're wrong! Apple, drugstore.com, and the Gap are just a few of the sites offering 5-20% cash back. Simply click through to the retailer's website of your choosing, pay with your discover card and reap in the cash back!
The discovercard.com site is very user friendly. Under ShopDiscover you can shop by retailer category, Fashion, Travel & Vacation, etc. or you can shop by discount 5%, 10%, 15% and 20%. The benefit to shopping through ShopDiscover over using your card in brick and mortar stores is that there is no cap on your rewards; the more you shop, the more you get back.
I've already used ShopDiscover to make a purchase at sears.com - the transaction was swift and smooth and in about 8 weeks I'll have 5% cash back coming my way!
*This post was written in response to a promotion by Discover which awards a $50 gift card to the first 50 bloggers posting about ShopDiscover this post is my entry to win. Visit discovercard.com to learn more about this promotion.
Get Penny Wise and ShopDiscover!
Well, I can't say no to 5-20% cash back! Who can? It seems to me that we must maximize every penny, we spend. I sincerley thank you for helping add value to my money!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Tums! I hope you come back and read a few reviews before making your choices. At Get Penny Wise we'll be reviewing great offers for you but we'll also highlight some of the services where you can do some comparison shopping of your own!
ReplyDelete